This 2 day course is an excellent preparation for therapists and trainee therapists who would like to offer their clients make-up application including:
- Special occasion
These popular treatments are a valuable addition to any therapy practice.
The course offers in depth professional training, and is ideal for Beauty and Complementary therapists, including those seeking employment in salons, spas and health farms. It is an accredited module leading to the ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists.
The course includes:
- Skin analysis
- Skin conditions and textures
- Preparation of the skin
- Overview of skin disorders and diseases
- Contra-indications to treatments
- Use of natural cosmetics
- Techniques for make-up application
- Make-up selection
- Skin tones
- Face shapes
- Hygiene, health & safety considerations
The course aims:
- To provide skills at Level 2 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework for those interested in the Beauty Therapy Industry
- To provide opportunities for staff in the Beauty Therapy Industry to gain a Level 2 qualification
- To qualify learners at Level 2 in the Beauty Therapy Industry
- To sustain the interest of learners wanting to work in the Beauty Therapy Industry
- To encourage knowledge and understanding of the Beauty Therapy Industry at Level 2
- To provide opportunities for learners to focus on the development of the major functional skills and the wider functional skills in a beauty therapy context, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- To provide opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Make-Up artist
For ITEC accreditation, students will be required to carry out 5 case studies, which will be internally assessed and verified externally by ITEC. Attendance of both days, as well as successful completion of all assignments will enable students to take the ITEC examination in make-up.
Those students who choose to take the final ITEC course assessments and examinations will also be required to pay the associated registration and assessment fees. These are currently set at £141.12 per examination and are subject to change at any time without prior notification and even after the initial payment has been made. These fees are payable in full on or before day one of the course and, once paid, are strictly non refundable.
Opportunities for progression:
Once candidates have achieved the ITEC Make-up course they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 2, for example:
Tutor: A member of the Athena In House teaching team
Cost: £200.00, which includes the 2 training days and refreshments during the course.
Students will be required to purchase the student make up kit in order to complete their case studies. These can be pre ordered before the course starts or purchased from the College at any time during the programme duration.
Course times: 10.00am - 5.00pm for ITEC students and 10.00am - 4.30pm for those attending the various workshops on a stand alone basis. Please note that students attending their first module should arrive half hour early for their formal induction.
|Sunday 14th July 2013
Sunday 4th August 2013